Thursday, June 5, 2008

Can't get no satisfaction

So I was had a two-hour break between classes today. Normally I would get food, but I had no money so I didn't. I was considering what I wanted to do, and found that I had no immediate desires; no direction I needed or wanted to go in.

"Wow," I thought to myself. "This is like a little slice of enlightenment."

After a while though, I started getting bored. I was at peace, but without the tension of everyday life I felt less alive.

"Jesus," I thought. "I've been struggling for this? My life would be so boring."

For a little while I was facing a crisis; if peace was not the ultimate goal, what was? What would lead me to satisfaction?

And so came this question, which I feel is very important:

Are you satisfied with your life right now?

I am not. I would not be happy living the rest of my days in the same manner as I am right now. I want to wake up every day excited to be alive, with a purpose in my mind. This starts now. I will work until I reach the day where every day is incredible. And then I will be satisfied.

No comments: